"Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some
and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."

Robert Fulghum



Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Thank You.

Thank you. There is something to be said for a person who is able to accept and fully love a child as his own.. even more to love that child the same way that you do your own. There's a special place in heaven for a person who effortlessly ensures that a child never feels want or as if something as essential as a parent is missing from their life. This kind of person is rare at most. Thank you for being this person to my son. Thank you for having the ability to go beyond words and actually sharing doting love without even a hint of favoritism or difference. You're amazing. Thank you for wanting nothing more than to be the one that he runs to and claims as his own. I am overfilled with thanks... Thank you for being present when another is non-existent. Thank you for making him your priority in life. Thank you for allowing him the chance to never know what it's like to not have a father, even more: a Dad. Thank you for making special time for him, just you and him. Thank you for putting him first above yourself. Thank you for taking away my own feelings of guilt and worry for his future and replacing them with ever abundant, unconditional love. Thank you for giving him your last name.

Thank you for being you.

If my heart could cry, it would. If my eyes could laugh with joy, they would. If my smile could dance, it would. If my words could turn into doves and fly to the heavens in thanks of you.. they would.

These things and more have me forever, wholeheartedly, full-forcedly in love with you and always will.. And for this.. I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment